Since DAEMON Tools for Mac 3, you can not only mount but also create ISO, MDX and MDS/MDF images from files. To start making a virtual disc, click icon on the toolbar.
Then select the folder with all the files you want to include into your image and click Image button.
You will get the following window. Here you need to perform several easy steps:
- Enter the name of an image. Also, you can change the file extension and choose the folder for the output image.
- Select one or several tags to mark an image.
- If you didn't specify the path to the output image before, you can choose it from Where drop-down list. Here you will see the parent folder for the one which is selected as a source, favorite and recent folders.
- Check the total size of selected files and choose the correct type of the virtual disc.
- Specify the file system — UDF or ISO9660 with Joilet.
- Choose the image format — MDS, MDX or ISO.
- MDS or MDX images can be compressed and encrypted. Compression allows reducing the size of the image while encryption protects the virtual disc with a password. Check the relevant options if needed.
- Check the entered information and click Save button.
If you have checked Encrypt option on the previous steps, then you need to enter your password two times. Also, you can check Remember in my keychain option to store the password in Apple's password management system.
Wait a few seconds while the image is being created.
The image is ready. You can see it on Images tab.